Sunday, May 9, 2010

Weekend Happenings - Day 2

Sunday morning we woke up to another bright, beautiful day.

It was my turn to help in the toddler nursery at church - I always kind of dread this on the way to church, but it usually ends up being pretty enjoyable, even if it is a little hectic and tiring. I think there were only 12 kids there this week, which still sounds like a lot, but not when we can have up to 18!

I've been helping in the nursery for a few years now, and one thing I do like this year is that some of my friends kids are old enough to be in this nursery now, so at least I know some of the little ones, and they know me.

My nephew Luke was in there too, so it was nice to get to hang out with him!

After church, we went to my in-laws house to celebrate Mothers Day and my nephew Joshua's ninth birthday!

My MIL seemed to like the laptop bag we bought for her, and it was obvious that Joshua (and his brothers) were thrilled with the electric guitar that we bought for him! Yup, we are that aunt and uncle. Luckily, I don't think my brother and sister-in-law were too upset with us; Dave actually seemed pretty excited himself, and Sarah just commented that it wouldn't be too annoying because Joshua's room is in the basement, so he wouldn't have to disturb everyone while playing with it!

Our neighbors son was having his own little garage sale on Saturday, and, considering he didn't get things set up until 11am, he wasn't selling a lot. So, Curt noticed the guitar, and went over to see how much it was. It was pretty reasonable, and came with a little amp and everything, so he decided to pick it up. I'm pretty sure that with five boys in that house, it will be well used for a number of years.

And now for some pictures of the boys enjoying their dessert...

Joshua, the birthday boy, blowing out his NINE candles!


Noah, who clearly got distracted by something right as I clicked this picture.


Isaac, enjoying his dessert!


Luke, digging in to his dessert!

I forgot to get a picture of baby Owen - we was sleeping the whole time, so we kinda ignored him while the other boys ran around crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment