Monday, June 21, 2010

Aubrey Chinkonde

Aubrey Chinkonde is our World Vision sponsor child, and he lives in Malawi, Africa! Anyone who knows me would not be surprised to hear that Curt and I are sponsoring a child from Malawi; I have traveled to Malawi twice, and it will always have a very special spot in my heart.

From the information package we received a few months ago, we know that Aubrey is a seven year old boy, his health is listed as 'satisfactory', he is in grade one and his favourite subject is music. He lives in Mpama, which is 35km east of Blantyre. Blantyre is a beautiful city that I had the chance to visit on my first visit to Malawi.

We received our first letter from Aubrey today, and it brought a smile to my face and a tear to my eye. I'm in love already :)

This is an excerpt from the letter:

The area favours crops such as maize, beans, and sweet potatoes. Aubrey would like to know what crops are grown in your country.

Aubrey says he lives in a grass thatched house made of bricks with two bedrooms.

Aubrey's future ambition is to become a Teacher after completing his studies.


(The letter is written by a community agent - so don't think that Aubrey speaks/writes in third person)

I can't wait to write him a letter! Which I hope to do later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment