Monday, June 14, 2010

Finally, Something Worth Posting About!

So, only days after posting that June has been a really boring month, something exciting happened, and I finally have something worth blogging about!

I came home from work tonight and Curt had a present for me. This would have been fun and exciting if it were a simple box of chocolates or something, but it was so much better then that. He bought me a Kobo! Now, you may not recognize that brand name, because it's pretty new, but it's like a Kindle (from Amazon) or the Nook (from Barnes and Noble).


We just saw a commercial for the Nook on the weekend, and we got talking about them. Curt kind of implied that he had thought about getting me something like that at one point, possibly for my birthday or Christmas, but he wasn't sure if I would like it. Obviously I told him that I thought I would really enjoy one, and he decided to surprise me with one!

There is no occasion for the gift, which is pretty fun. I haven't been enjoying work very much this season, so Curt said he just wanted to get me something to let me know that he appreciates me working, and putting up with the nonsense. Isn't he the sweetest?!?

From the limited time I've spent on it so far, it's great! The screen is so easy to look at, not at all like a computer screen. It came with 100 free books loaded on it, including 'Anne of Green Gables' which is a good sign! There are lots of other free books online, and buying an eBook is usually about 30-50% less then buying the hard copy.

I'm really excited to get it loaded up for our trip...it's going to be so much easier to take that in my carry-on then it would be to take two or three books to read throughout the trip.

I'm reading 'The Heart is a Lonely Hunter' right now, and I just started to read it a few days ago. The rush is on to finish it now though...I have to finish that one before I can start one on the Kobo, because as Curt said earlier, that's just the way I am! He's right, I'm kind of particular about that kind of thing.

So, I'm off to bed to read :)

No comments:

Post a Comment