Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day

This year, I was lucky enough to be able to go to Acton to spend Father's Day with my dad. The whole visit was pretty rushed, Curt and I were only in Acton for just over 24 hours, but it was totally worth it.

When we got to town, we went straight to Tom and Krystle's - Nolan came to greet us at the door, and he had the funniest greeting for us. He says to me 'Hi Auntie Boo, it's been a long time, I haven't seen you since the Blackhawks win' (and, as he said the Blackhawks part, he was pumping his fist in the air!) I thought for sure my brother had put him up to it, but when I saw the look of surprise on his face, I knew that it was all Nolan.


This is a funny picture - look close and you will notice that Nolan has his finger in Abby's mouth! He was 'holding' her and she started to fuss a little bit, so he put his finger in her mouth and then told us that he was feeding her :) It did help her calm down, for a little while anyway.

We had a great family dinner with Tom and Krystle, my Mom and Dad, and my Nana and Aunt Mary. It was nice to have everyone together like that, sometimes our visits to Acton are so short and busy, I don't even get to see extended family, so the dinner was perfect.

After dinner, a few of us hung out in the hot tub for a bit.









Sorry for the picture overload, but I love these pictures from the hot tub, especially the first and second one, so I had to share them all.

On Sunday, we went to church and then enjoyed the chicken bbq that is a summer tradition at the church I grew up in. This was always a really big event when I was growing up - as a kid, we always got our Sunday School awards during the service, then had the bbq lunch, went on to an afternoon of games and races (with prizes!), and then finished the day off with a youth group baseball game. Now, when I was growing up, there were quite a few kids in the church, so it was a lot of fun. Yesterday was kind of disappointing though, there are very few kids in the church right now, and that is sad to me. Growing up in that church made me who I am - it helped me developed the faith that I have today. Whenever I'm home, and I attend services there, I often think about what I would do to change that if I still lived in my hometown. Anyway, this could be a post in itself, so I'll leave it at that.

Sunday afternoon was spent watching Tom's baseball game and hanging out in my parents backyard - it was a great finish to a great day and a half in Acton!

To Tom, Krystle, Mom and Dad - thanks for having us, it was great to see everyone, and we appreciate the way you open your doors to us when we visit!

And to Dad, I just want to say Happy Father's Day again, I hope that you enjoyed your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment