Saturday, June 5, 2010

A Day Off is ALWAYS a GOOD Day

I think it's safe to say, yesterday was the best day of the summer, so far!

I had the day off, and it also happened to be Curt's Friday off. We had a pretty relaxed morning, and didn't really have much planned for the day, which was nice. The weather was beautiful, sunny and warm, so eventually Curt made his way outside and started working on some siding. We've lived in this house for over two years now, and there is a small section on the back of the house that never got sided! I'm pretty patient, but I did start nagging a little bit recently. Curt looked into having someone finish putting up the soffit, facia, and eavestrough, but when he saw how much it would be, he was motivated to finish up himself. I think an important lesson was learned through all of this...next house, start siding the back of the house, it's a lot less likely that you'd leave a portion like this unfinished at the front! I certainly wouldn't be so patient if it was something I saw everyday.

While Curt was working on that, I got a few jobs done inside, dropped off a few boxes of stuff at our local Christian school for their upcoming garage sale, and then did a bunch of gardening and outdoor stuff.

After a late lunch, we decided that we had been pretty productive for the day, so we decided to go golfing. After calling around, we decided to go to Trillium Wood. It would have been nice to go to Bay of Quinte, but under our new playing restrictions, we both would have been charged $30...we figured if we were going to pay, we should just play Trillium, since I haven't played there in awhile. Then, as we were checking in, the manager, who I know through work, came into the Pro Shop and gave me a complimentary round! Perfect! Imagine, I get a complimentary round at Trillium, but would have had to pay at the course I work at! Something seems weird there, doesn't it?!?


Golf was great, and Curt and I both played really well. Like I said earlier, the weather was beautiful, and it was a perfect day to walk the course. Curt shot a 93, even with 9 dropped balls, so that was awesome. And I shot 100, which I like to think is pretty good! Highlights of the game, for me, were definitely the birdie I got on the 10th hole, and the par I got on the par three, fourteenth hole!


In the background you can see the fourteenth hole, where I got my par.

After a round like that, I feel like I will be able to hold my own when we play in California and Arizona this summer. A trip I need to blog about, now that the details are coming together!

After the round, we picked up dinner, and enjoyed that before a relaxing night in front of the TV...for Curt anyway, Stanley Cup playoffs can not end soon enough :)

No comments:

Post a Comment