Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Valentine's Post

I came across this little questionnaire on another blog today, and I thought it would be a good post for Valentine's Day.

Click on the button below to go to the blog 'From Mrs. to Mama' for the original Love Story questionnaire, and almost 300 others!



1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
We started dating in October 2003 - so we've 'been together' for eight years!

2. How did you meet? {What’s your “love” story?}
We met through friends at University. I went to University with Curt's best friend from high school, Isaac, so when Curt would come to visit, we would end up hanging out, but always in a group. I later found out that Curt did ask his friend about me at one point, to see if I had a boyfriend at the time because he was interested in me, however, that friend told him that he wouldn't really like me, so nothing ever happened at that point!

Isaac married my best friend Jeanette, and Curt and I were both in the wedding party. We spent a bit of time together during the weekend of the wedding and got along really well. However, I was scheduled to leave for Africa later that summer, so wasn't really thinking about starting a relationship (I was supposed to be working in Africa for two years!).

Curt and I spoke through MSN Messenger a few times while I was in Africa; I told him that I was having a tough time being there, and he was always very encouraging during our conversations. I ended up coming home after only a few months - and we started dating a few weeks after I got home.

3. If married, how long have you been married?
We were married on July 30, 2005 - we'll celebrate our seventh anniversary this summer!

4. If you are married, where did you get married? Big or small wedding?
We were married in my hometown - the ceremony was at Knox Presbyterian Church, the church I attended my whole life to that point. The reception was at Blue Springs Golf Course, the course I worked at during the summers while attending University. There were about 150 people at our wedding - I consider that to be medium sized :)

5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!
Two main nicknames - I call Curt 'hon' and he calls me 'babe'. Curt has a few other nicknames for me, but they are more of a joke - he calls me 'hollywood' when I wear sunglasses, and 'coach' when I'm going to/coming from the arena.

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.
He is encouraging - He is smart and very driven - He is willing to try new things.

7. Tell us how he proposed?
He went ABOVE AND BEYOND with his proposal, and I love sharing our story. I don't think I'll type it all out here though, I have a link just under my blog title to a page all about the proposal, if you don't know the story, check out the page!

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?
Ummm, I don't think Curt fits into either of these 'categories'?!?

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?

A sunset dinner on the beach might be nice while we are on vacation, but it's not a reality for us in Ontario :). I'm more of a pop a movie in and relax on the couch kinda girl anyway.


10. Tell us one thing you’d like to do with your significant other one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?
Curt and I both want to travel to Africa together, to do some type of mission work. We've done this individually, before we were dating or married - as I said earlier, I've been to Africa, and Curt has been to Romania. I would love to go back to Malawi, Africa with Curt - but anywhere in Southern Africa would do!

11. Tell us what you plan on doing this Valentine's Day.
I'm writing this post on Feb. 8th, but setting it to post on Feb. 14th - so, as of right now, we don't have any plans. It's a Tuesday night, which is the night we have curling, so we'll have to do that.

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?
Curt and I don't usually exchange gifts for Valentine's day - so, no!

13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
Respect and appreciate each other. Spend time with each other - people often say that this is important, especially when you have kids - we don't have kids, but life can still get really busy, so it applies to us too!

14. Show us a picture of what love means to you.
An old picture, but it's worth breaking it out for this post :)



1 comment:

  1. Mary Beth (and Curt), I'm out here in Alberta but still eagerly keeping up with your posts. Thank you for continuing to do this, Mary Beth; it brings me so much joy to read about what you have going on in your life. And, having read the NEXT post already (about the e-reader), Curt continues to make me look very bad!! :-) Lots of love. John

    ReplyDelete